[image description: a colour poster advertising a workshop on decolonization and anti-oppression. at the top of the poster there is a silhouette of an indigenous person on top of a horse holding a spear, standing beside cacti. underneath is text with the workshop information which will follow this image description. at the bottom of the poster is an accessibility symbol for wheelchair access followed by an accessibility symbol for signing. there is a logo with a circle. inside the circle is the letter “K”. inside the letter “K” are the letters “P”, “I”, “R”, and “G”. beside the letter “K” it says IN TEXT: Kwantlen Public Interest Research Group. END TEXT. end description.]
Taking place on unceded Coast Salish territory – Matsqui, Kwantlen & Katzie nations.
Hosted by Kwantlen PIRG
In solidarity with the grassroots community actions of Idle No More.
Tami Starlight – 2-Spirit Nehiyawak (also known as Cree) elder from the Peguis Nation (Manitoba)
vanessa bui – first-generation Vietnamese youth born on traditional Lekwungen & WSANEC territory (Victoria, BC)
– both currently reside on unceded Coast Salish territory (Vancouver, BC)
Donation page for those who cannot make it. Please donate and pass it on. (every bit helps)
Cost: $5 – $50 sliding scale; no one turned away due to lack of funds
Location: Room L1030, West Building, Kwantlen Polytechnic University-Langley Campus, 20901 Langley Bypass, Langley BC
Date: Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Time: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- discussion about colonization from an indigenous context within Canada
– anti-oppression terminology investigation & circle discussion
– grassroots community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, & horizontal group/community structures
- the building, workshop space, and nearby washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
– ASL interpretation has been secured for this event.
– Please leave your scents/perfumes at home, this is a scent-free/scent-reduced event. For more information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivities:http://dualpowerproductions.com/2011/03/14/multiple-chemical-sensitivities-mcs-accessibility-basics/
– This space is also safer space = anti-oppressive.
ASL interpretation has been secured!
happening this week!